Top 10 Blogs of 2022
Top 10 Blogs of 2022
As I tend to do every year, and somehow this is my 6th year going strong, I like to look back on my favorite ramblings (I mean blogs). I don’t know if I am channeling my inner David Letterman (man I miss that show) or what, but I thought why not keep with tradition and list what I felt were my top 10 blogs I wish you read?
So here goes nothing in no particular order, drum roll, please…..
- You are Not That Important– This blog hit me like a ton of bricks one night as I was talking to a friend. I was listening to what he was saying and trying to make sense of his cross between life and work. As he was continually talking it became clear to me that the lesson to be learned was that he wasn’t as important as he thought he was at work, and he is very important at work. Give this one a read if you want some good perspective on life balance. The time is now folks!
- What is Your Number– Love this one, and not because it puts me out of a job. Rather, I find people are constantly asking and wondering, what is their magical number? Or in other words, how much money do they need to have saved for retirement, so that they can actually retire with dignity? Well, although the answer is quite nuanced I give my 60-second way to get pretty darn close.
- Mac n’ Cheese– How does this delicious (or spoiler alert triggering) food have to do with your finances? I’ll answer my own question, with a question (how pompous of me). How do past experiences in finance shape your current views and biases? Well, that is exactly what I try to uncover and point out in this beautifully written blog if I do say so myself.
- The Great Change– Sometimes I find myself observing a trend that is worth sharing. This year the trend was “the great change.” I saw and witnessed more life-changing events in people’s lives this year than in any year I’ve been in business. Marriages, divorces, second homes, and new careers to name a few. You name it I basically saw it. Give a read to hear my perspective on the great change we witnessed in 2022.
- Reverse Budget– I know I strike a nerve on a blog when I have clients and friends repeating it back to me. This year hands down the blog that garnered the most feedback to me were likely the reverse budget. We all struggle to budget and this is a little planning trip I created years ago. I think it is helpful, simple, and easy to implement. Give it a try would ya, although that would require you to read this blog to get started!
- Investment Strategy– Practical tips in a trying year for investing. This blog served as a nice reminder as to how I suggest, and we implement a real investment strategy. This little piece gives insight into how a firm with an entire investment team views, and creates an investment strategy. You will find it is a bit different than simply choosing a target date fund in your 401(k). How are you choosing your investment strategy or lack thereof?
- Midterm and markets– There is so much false news about politics and the markets. I hear it literally every day and it is quite astounding how opposite views on politics cloud one’s judgment towards the markets. If you find yourself in this camp, please give this a read and learn some critical facts about elections, and markets. I think you’ll be very surprised by what you’ll read.
- Bear Market Lessons– Those that don’t know the past are doomed to repeat it. What can one learn in the midst of stress and difficult times? What can we learn during this or any bear market? I understand these can be trying times, which is exactly why I wrote this blog. Hopefully, it can help even one person come out of this current bear market better, that is all I hope.
- Elevate and Delegate– This is possibly my favorite exercise to do personally and with my colleagues. It is a fantastic way to help prioritize your work life, and not only that sets you up for endless success. I wish I could take personal credit for this one, but it comes from business coaches I very much respect. That said it is a simple exercise, that can open your eyes and give you that push you need to adjust your life or work circle to set you up for that next transformation of success.
- You Freaking Made It– What a year 2022 was. Between runaway inflation, markets getting creamed, and interest rates on a one-way ticket up there were few places to hide. That said this blog, one of my last of the year, is a great reminder that all that said you made it. You got through the most difficult of times and came out swinging. I applaud you all.
And in the end, the love you make….
That’s all folks. 2022 is a wrap and I have a good feeling that 2023 will be the best year yet. I and all of us at Diversified, LLC want to wish you a happy, healthy, and love-filled holiday season. Without you all we are nothing and we appreciate you all very much.
Guess, there is only one way to end the year and that is by staying wealthy, healthy, and happy!
If you prefer to watch our blogs, here is the video version: